Thursday, January 18, 2007

Recruiters as Social Workers?

Wow! It’s been busy around here lately! I’m back at last...

I found inspiration for today’s post in a training session given by one of the industry gurus. She says she likes to think of recruiters as “Social Workers who like money”.

I like to think that my coworkers love what they do because we help people. It may sound arrogant but we change people’s lives: that’s the Social Worker part.

Of course, recruiting can be a very lucrative business, and a successful recruiter can make a very comfortable living: Hence the money.

But not all recruiters have the social worker gene, there are some that only want the money, and those are not the people you want representing you… So over the next few days, I’m going to discuss how a good recruiter will treat you and how you in turn should treat a good recruiter...

Stay tuned!

No comments: