Friday, April 6, 2007

Thanks for Reading!

Rowan Manahan stumbled across my humble blog the other day and was kind enough to leave some well thought out comments on a previous post. I thought it was only fitting that I return the favor and so went poking around on his Fortify Services Blog.

I found some really great posts, my favorites include:

Most Valuable Asset: A great tie in of the definition of insantity and how many companies structure their HR and Talent Acquisition departments

PowerPoint Again: Personally I think that done well, PowerPoint can be a useful tool, however it can also ruin a perfectly good message, examples include the Gettysburg Powerpoint and a morbid bit from The Onion, where a Project Manager constructs his final goodbye in PowerPoint.


Thanks for reading Rowan! I hope you’ll drop by again… I know I’ll be adding you to my daily reads.

1 comment:

Rowan Manahan said...

Karen,

Thank you for your kind words. I've been enjoying your particulalry clear-sighted take on the world of selection since shortly after you launched. Great, incisive stuff and your points are all the more effective for their barbed humour.

Long may you grind your teeth at the obvious, lamentably predictable mistakes made out there in talent-land!

Best,

Rowan