Thursday, February 8, 2007

When spellcheck fails you...

So today it was my turn to make silly mistakes. (I think the cold weather is freezing some of my brain cells)

We are currently working on an Energy Engineer position for a company in Pennsylvania. Energy Engineers are a big part of the “Green” movement in industry evaluating and improving energy usage in manufacturing facilities. I thought this sounded like a fascinating job, and set about writing a job description and job posting for this position.

I thought I'd done rather well and presented it to the account manager to be proofread. Lucky for me, he discovered the following:

“The Senior Energy Engineer will work at the corporate level overseeing, leading and implementing energy conversation and management systems for manufacturing plants around the country.”

Oops! All talk and no action? Glad someone is watching my back.

No comments: