Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Seriously Weird Coworkers

Okay, I admit it. I’ve occasionally wondered if a coworker is experiencing temporary mental retardation, or has perhaps been possessed by a demon hell-bent on wasting my time, but I’ve never quite taken it this far:


Evelyne Micky Shatkin worked at University of Texas at Arlington, where she had had a series of disputes with a co-worker, which after mediation, resulted an ultimatum from Human Resources: further problems could get you fired. Not satisfied, Shatkin held an after-work "prayer session", where, with another employee, Linda Shifflett, "anointed" the absent co-worker's cubicle with olive oil, purportedly because of fears that the co-worker was demonically oppressed, chanting "You vicious evil dogs. Get the hell out of here in the name of Jesus. ... I command you to leave." A third male co-worker, who had agreed to participate in the prayer, became uncomfortable with the use of monounsaturated fats, and reported the matter… (Eva-Marie Ayala"Women said peer was 'demonically oppressed'", (From the Fort Worth Star-Telegam, 12/23; AP, 12/23).




Of course, I saw this because now someone is suing!

I guess my coworkers aren’t that bad after all!

Wait, why does my cubical smell like the Olive Garden today?.

No comments: