Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Welcome to my world...

By my world, I mean my cubicle, which is right in the center of a recruiting office. You see, I do marketing and research for a team of search consultants based in Grand Rapids,MI. I love my job. My co-workers are great and it is very different from anything I’ve done before.

Most people don’t understand what recruiters do. For example, a coworker of mine was asked what he did for a living, when he responded “I’m a headhunter”, he was surprised by the “Wow, isn’t that dangerous?” response, and found himself explaining the difference between a headhunter and a bounty hunter.

I would like to share a bit about what the world of recruiting is all about, and why I’ve found a home in this industry.

When I’m asked what I like about my job, the answer is simple: Entertainment Value! From the unbelievable things that happen during interviews and the strange things I overhear from the “bullpen”, to the resumes with bizarre job titles and job descriptions, I can always find some comic relief. I hope you will too…

No comments: