Monday, August 20, 2007

Oops!

Oops - I've let two weeks pass without updating my blog! Bad Bad Karen!

So sorry - I've been personally swamped with car maintenance and making the Michigan county fair circuit with Figure 8 (who is currently running 3rd in points for the year by the way!)

I've also been been busy celebrating our firm's achievement of our yearly revenue goal a full 3.5 months early! (And that's a celebration that takes a little recovering from!)

I've also been busy getting two interns started with the firm, which is a first for us, and something I'm sure will produce at least one blog-worthy incident.

With that said - I'm ready to continue on the topic of "The Definitive Job Hunt".

2 comments:

Alison said...

Oh, you have your first interns! Let me prepare you: flip flops, inappropriate cleavage, and a general lack of understanding of office behavior.

Hmmm, do I sound fed up? I'm actually not; strangely, I find interns' behavior kind of endearing. The key is seeing part of the point of an internship as being learning about this sort of thing. If you go into it with that mindset, everyone should have a good time.

Karen said...

Thanks Ask! Actually I've been impressed with both the interns so far - not a single wardrobe malfunction so far!

(And I'm kind of afraid the quality of the marketing intern's work is starting to make me look bad!)

So far my biggest challenge has been keeping the other managers from giving them "grunt work"! Call me crazy, but I want them to learn something relevant too!